February 25, 2021
Due to COVID-19, all parts of the world have adjusted policies for visitors and tourism to control the spread of the virus in airports, hotels, and other public places.
A continuous assessment of the situation in Puerto Rico and in the United States will influence Island-wide orders that prioritize health and safety.
Face masks are mandatory. These are our Guidelines, per the Puerto Rico Tourism Company:
- Public beaches and natural reserves are open, following social distancing guidelines and with the use of masks when not in the water. Public alcohol consumption is prohibited.
- Museums are operating at 50% capacity.
- Hotel pool facilities are open at 50% capacity.
- Common areas at hotels close at 12:00 AM, in accordance with the Island-wide curfew.
- Marinas are open from 5:00 AM to 12:00 AM, following social distancing guidelines.
- Some attractions and tours are open. Visitors should connect with their tour operators directly for additional information about operation status and specific protocols.
- Access to Old San Juan from 12:00 AM – 5:00 AM will be limited to residents and tourists staying in the area.
- Sports events, as well as sports and recreational activities, are permitted, following local guidelines.
- Businesses across the Island close at 11:00 PM to comply with the Island-wide curfew.
- Malls and other retail stores are operating at 50% capacity with curfew hours while restaurants will remain at 30%.
- Supermarkets, pharmacies, and gas stations are open within curfew hours.
- Hair salons, barbershops, and individual spas are open via appointment, with the exception of saunas.
- Gyms and casinos are open at 50% capacity. Theaters remain at 30%
- Bars and discos remain closed.
- Taxis are accessible from 5:00 AM – 12:00 AM, except for airport service (available continually.)
- The Puerto Rico Metropolitan Bus Authority (AMA) and Tren Urbano subway system are operating.
- Ferries to Culebra are operating. Ferry service to Vieques has recently begun operating for tourists
You can find more information on Travel Guidelines, here.